Google developing Android powered gaming console, wristwatch
Washington: Internet corporation and software manufacturer Google is reportedly developing videogame console and wristwatch powered with its Android OS.
According to Fox News, Google with its latest innovation is hoping to combat similar devices that Apple may release in the future.
The report said that Google is also expected to release Nexus Q, second version of the Android powered media streaming device which was unveiled last year but was not made public.
Google is planning to design and market the devices itself and release at least one of them this fall, however, Google spokeswoman declined to comment on the project. Google’s Android was launched in 2008 and has powered 75 percent of all smartphones and 57 percent of tablets shipped globally in the first quarter and Google appears determined to build on the success of its OS, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300