Lenovo launches MotoZ, MotoZ Force and MotoMods; to be available from September
Chinese tech giant Lenovo's much awaited June 9 event is live from San Francisco.
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Chinese tech giant Lenovo on Wednesday launched the much anticipated MotoZ and MotoZ Force as expected.
At a Live event termed as the Lenovo Tech World 2016 held in San Francisco, the parent company of Motorola also launched the Phab2 Prob besides the MotoZ smartphones.
Lenovo also launched a series of add-ons for the MotoZ and MotoZ Force collectively known as the MotoMods.
Below is the Live coverage of the event held in San Francisco.
- Yang Yuanqing, the CEO of Lenovo is on stage
- Doing this event in the silicon valley created a lot of buzz for us, the CEO says.
- I promise you will be as excited as we are about the products we are about to show, Yuanqing says.
- Today is more about the vision of Lenovo than the products, he says.
- Brian Krzanich CEO, Intel is on stage
- Lenovo and Intel has long history, Krzanich says
- Krzanich is demonstrating a VR headset connecting with the Y900 of Lenovo that is powered by Intel
- He's playing a fireball game with Yuanqing playing with him but from the other side
- Krzanich is talking about how the new Intel Experience can help one experience watching sports like never before.
- One can watch it from any angle, he says.
- Thanks everyone and invites Yuanqing back on the stage, who comes up
- Yuanqing presents Krzanich with a 'Smartshoe', a cool one
- The CEO is talking about launching two new revolutionary products
- He unveils the Lenovo Phab2 Pro, World's 1st Tango-enabled phone
- It has been launched in collaboration with Google's Tango, he says.
- The Lenovo Phab2 Pro comes with four cameras. Wow! Now beat that!
- It will be shipped starting August and will be available from September
- Price? $499, unlock! How cool is that!
- Features include 6.4-inch QHD standard resolution (2560 × 1440 pixels), runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow, 6GB RAM, 64GB internal memory, 4050 mAh battery
- It is the first smartphone to come with Dolby Atmos audio capabilities that can record sound in 5.1 surround
- Johny Lee, Engineer, Google Tango is now on stage to explain more about the Lenovo Phab2 Pro
- He is giving a Live onstage demonstration of the smartphone
- Rather a long demonstration but its done now
- Richard Maltsbarger, Chief developing officer and President of International and Nicole Curtis, Host of HGTV's Rehab Addict are on stage
- That's it from Google Tango team.
- Lenovo CEO Yuanqing is back on stage
- You want more?, he asks.
- I have something to show you and it is the most important part of our event today, the CEO says.
- Lenovo does not want you to want
- our new product is a hud, Yuanqing says
- So, it's MotoZ and MotoZ Force
— Lenovo (@lenovo) June 9, 2016
- At 5.2mm with a beautiful metal design, Moto Z is the world’s thinnest premium smartphone, the company says.
- The MotoZ will be available in the US this summer, the company informs and it will be available unlock
- The MotoZ will, however, be available globally starting September
- Lenovo also launched a series of add-ons, collectively dubbed MotoMods.
- These MotoMods are snap onto the handset using a quartet of magnets and draw their power/data through a 6Gbps multi-pin connection.
- There will be three Mods available at launch: a projector, "party speaker" and an external battery.
- That's all for today. Thanks for being with us.