Lenovo Tech World Event: 10 Key Takeaways
Chinese computer titan Lenovo showcased a series of new smartphones at its Tech World event in San Fransisco.
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Chinese computer titan Lenovo showcased a series of new smartphones at its Tech World event in San Fransisco.
Here are 10 key takeaways from the Lenovo Tech World 2016 event.
1. The star appearance of the event was Lenovo's Tango enabled smartphone –PHAB smartphone.
2. Lenovo took the wraps off the PHAB2 Pro – the world’s first Tango-enabled smartphone to enable augmented reality experiences – plus the dual-camera PHAB2 Plus and full-sized PHAB2 smartphones.
3. Pricing for the Lenovo PHAB2 will start at $199; PHAB2 Plus will start at $299 and PHAB2 Pro will start at $499. All will be globally available beginning in September.
4. The smartphones are imbued with Google-created Tango augmented reality technology.
5. Three core technologies bring Tango experiences to life. These are –motion tracking, depth perception and area learning.
6. Lenovo also unveiled new Moto Z smartphones that can be customized with "mods".
7. Lenovo launched the game-changing Moto Z and Moto Z Force.
8. Mods are specialized pieces of hardware that snap into place magnetically to give handsets added capabilities.
9. Lenovo also launched a smartphone mod program for developers, enticing them with a million-dollar prize for a mod that best integrates handsets with services hosted in the Internet cloud.
10. Moto Z will be available in the United States in coming months through carrier Verizon, with models debuting globally later in the year, according to Lenovo. However the pricing was not disclosed.