Microsoft Windows 8 Surface tablet launched; price starts at $499
New Delhi: Microsoft made its first hardware debut by launching its long awaited Windows Surface tablet in New York on Thursday.
Surface tablet is Microsoft’s first computer in its 37-year history and hopes the sleek new device will take on Apple and Google in the smartphone and tablet market.
The 32GB starting version of Windows Surface will cost USD 499.
Microsoft Surface features a pre-installed version of 2013, and rich video and music services. Windows RT is a new version of Windows that will be pre-installed on its Surface tablet and other devices using low-power chips designed by ARM Holdings Plc.
Windows is also selling a magnetically attached cover for Surface that works as a notebook-size keyboard.
Surface comes with a 10.6-inch screen, which is about 0.5 inch larger than most mainstream tablets and 0.9 inch larger than the iPad's screen. It has a resolution of 1,366x768 pixels.
The Surface runs on a 1.3GHz Nvidia Tegra 3 CPU. It comes in both 32GB and 64GB variants. Its microSD card slot supports up to 128GB cards, and the tablet includes 2GB of RAM. It has 802.11 a/b/g/n Wi-Fi support, Bluetooth 4.0, a gyroscope, an accelerometer, and a built-in compass.
It sports a Micro-HDMI port, a full USB 2.0 port, and a power port that magnetically attaches the power cable.
With Agency Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products