Mountain Lion: The new Apple OS for Mac
New York: Apple Inc on Wednesday released the new operating system, Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion for its MacIntosh computers.
Mountain Lion will cost USD 19.99 and will be sold only as a download. People who bought Mac computers on or after June 11 can upgrade it for free.
The new software narrows the gap between the PC and phone software packages, making Mac personal computers work more like iPhones and iPads.
Sharing material to social networks becomes easier through Mountain Lion. It introduces a notification panel similar to that found on many smartphones.
Apple Inc has posted a 20 percent to USD 8.8 billion, or USD 9.32 a share, for the third quarter, about 10 percent below expectations.
The rare miss highlights how the Apple brand is becoming less resistant to the economic and product cycles that have plagued rivals.
With Agency Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300