MTNL launches tablet starting at Rs 3,999
New Delhi: Telecom equipment maker Teracom on Friday launched three tablet PCs in partnership with state-run operator MTNL.
"In partnership with MTNL, we are launching three models of 'Lofty' tablet with high-end model priced at Rs 10,999 and entry level model is for Rs 3,999," Teracom Chairman and Managing Director Mukesh Arora told reporters.
The high end model of the tablet has built in 3G SIM and can be used for making phone calls as well, he added.
The other models of Lofty tablets are Wi-Fi enabled and support 3G dongles.
"We have thoroughly tested these tablets and believe that our customers should like it," MTNL CMD AK Garg said.
Under this partnership, MTNL will offer 10 GB data usage (internet) on its 3G network to customers buying Lofty tablets. All these tablets are built on Google's Android platform.
"The 10 GB can be used for period of first two months," MTNL Executive Director A K Bharagava said.
The Lofty tablets will be sold through MTNL Sanchar Haat in Delhi along with Teracom stores.
"We will make this product available at more than 500 retails outlets, including MTNL Sanchaar Haat," Teracom Director Rajeev Venkat said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300