Nokia set to launch Here Maps on all Windows 8.1 devices
Washington: Nokia has reportedly announced that it is going to soon launch its Here Maps software for all Windows 8.1 devices.
The mapping software had been exclusive to Lumia 2520 tablet and Windows Phone 8 smartphones.
According to The Verge, Here Maps is an "all-in-one mapping solution, combining vector, satellite and 3D maps, points of interest, search and route planning."
Nokia said that the app is much faster on Windows 8.1 devices as once a user downloads a country's map for offline access, it would load "as quickly as the computer can manage."
The report said that the app would keep track of the search history and navigation routes for easy reference, provide satellite imagery at higher resolutions and also provide keyboard and mouse support for desktop users.
Here Maps for Windows 8.1 would debut in the coming days, launching first in North America and Europe before expanding elsewhere, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300