RIM may launch BlackBerry 10 smartphone before June
Washington: The full-keyboard version of the BlackBerry 10 smartphone is expected to come shortly after the touch-screen version, a report has said.
A report from Forbes, citing research firm Detwiler Fenton, said the Blackberry 10 devices wouldn''t hit until March, and that the QWERTY version wouldn''t come until June.
According to a person familiar with the company''s launch plans, the bit about a June launch is inaccurate, CNET reports.
The report said that Research In Motion (RIM) is likely to unveil its devices on January 30, with a launch coming roughly four to six weeks after, so the first BlackBerry 10 phone may actually hit in March.
The full touch-screen device is expected to launch first, while the qwerty version will come "shortly after," the company has said.
The report pointed out that the timing suggests RIM will report weaker results in the fourth and first quarters, with the BlackBerry 10 devices not having an impact until the end of the first quarter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300