Samsung Galaxy S3 overtakes Apple iPhone 4S as ‘world's bestselling smartphone’
London: Samsung Galaxy S3 has beaten Apple iPhone 4S in the last quarter to become the world's bestselling smartphone.
According to analysts Strategy Analytics, shipments of the Galaxy S3 increased from 5.2 million in the second quarter to 18 million in Q3.
Shipments of the iPhone 4S fell from 19.4 million to 16.2 million over the same period, the report said.
According to the analysis, the Samsung Galaxy S3 accounted for 11 percent of all smartphones shipped worldwide in the third quarter, the Telegraph reports.
Strategy Analytics, however, estimated that Apple also shipped six million iPhone 5 handsets in Q3 and said they expect the iPhone to overtake the Galaxy S3 once again once the fourth quarter numbers are in.
The Galaxy S3 was launched in May and Samsung recently announced that it had sold over 30 million of the handsets, the paper said.
Its predecessor, the Galaxy S2, took 14 months to sell as many, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20