Samsung Galaxy S4 sales hit 10 mn since launch in April
Zee Media Bureau
Seoul: The sales of the latest version of Galaxy S smartphone have reached 10 million since its launch in late April, Samsung Electronics Co has said.
The latest version of its flagship Galaxy S smartphone is Samsung’s challenge to Apple Inc's iPhone. The phone is already selling in 60 countries and Samsung said that it plans to expand sales to 327 carriers in 155 countries by next month.
Solid sales have come even as supply issues have snarled the US rollout through some carriers.
Analysts expect strong sales of the fourth version of the Galaxy, which has propelled Samsung to the top of the USD 225 billion smartphone market since its debut in 2010, will help the firm report record earnings in the current quarter.
Despite mixed reviews of the S4 by gadget experts, Samsung is benefiting from heavy marketing as it bids to gain market share in the absence of new competing models from Apple.
Samsung won a record 33 percent of the smartphone market in the first quarter, and JP Morgan analysts expect its operating profit to top Apple's this quarter for the first time in years.
With Agency Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20