Samsung leapfrogs Apple to become top mobile phone maker in US: Report
Washington: South Korean electronics manufacturer Samsung has extended its lead as the top mobile phone maker in the US market and Apple moved into second place, according to a report.
A survey by comScore showed that in the three-month period ending in October, Samsung was the top manufacturer with 26.3 percent market share, up from 25.6 percent in the prior period.
Apple, which sells only smartphones, moved into second place in the US market for the first time, with a 17.8 percent market share, up 1.5 percent points, News24 reports.
South Korean maker LG was third at 17.6 percent, followed by Motorola at 11 percent, the report added.
According to the report, the survey showed Google's Android system gained ground as the leading smartphone platform, with 53.6 percent of the market, up from 52.2 percent.
BlackBerry maker Research in Motion saw its share slip further from 9.5 to 7.8 percent in the period, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20