Samsung now draws Apple iPad mini into patent infringement battle in US
London: Samsung has now claimed that Apple’s iPad mini, which was launched earlier this month, infringes eight patented technologies.
Samsung asked a US judge on Wednesday to add Apple’s 7.9-inch tablet to a list of products it claims violate patents on radio signalling technologies, among others.
According to the Telegraph, both the tech firms are seeking to ensure the others’ most recent products are drawn into the fight, which could lead to sales bans.
Earlier Apple successfully applied to add Google’s most recent mobile operating system, Android 4.2, Jelly Bean, to the case.
The case is separate to one decided by a jury at the same court earlier this year.
According to the paper, it awarded Apple more than a billion dollars in damages after finding that Samsung copied the iPhone and iPad in its Galaxy range of smartphone and tablets.
In a minor victory for Samsung, also on Wednesday, the judge in the current case ordered Apple to reveal the financial details of its patent licensing deal with HTC, signed on 10 November, the paper said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300