Sony Xperia Play excluded from Android 4.0 treat?
Sony has issued some bad news for the Xperia Play owners. The firm issued a statement stating that after extensive testing, it was decided that a ‘consistent and stable’ experience could not be guaranteed with the Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) on the Xperia Play, especially when it came down to going, which is, after all, one of the main purposes of the phone.
Sony states that the decision to not provide the Xperia Play with the Android 4.0 was verified by the developer community.
For the Indian audiences, there’s some good news. The owners of the Xperia S, Xperia P and Xperia U will be treated to the ICS; the roll out for these devices is proceeding as planned.
The Xperia S will be upgraded from the end of June, and the P will follow shortly afterwards, although Xperia U users will have to wait longer for Android 4.0, until the third quarter in fact.
The old Xperia line-up, among others, is due to receive an Android 4.0 upgrade too. The Xperia arc, Xperia neo, Xperia neo, Xperia mini, Xperia mini pro, Xperia pro, Xperia active and Sony Ericsson Live with Walkman are all bound to get ICS sooner or later.
With Agency Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products