UK sales of new BlackBerry smartphones ‘better than expected’
London: The sales of the new generation of BlackBerry smartphones in Britain have been better than expected, the chief executive of the firm, Thorsten Heins, has said.
Heins hailed the success of his company's latest devices and said he is confident that Blackberry can make up ground lost to Apple and Android.
Heins said a substantial number of UK users are moving from other platforms to BlackBerry and said that is an encouraging sign because they first targeted long-time BlackBerry users, the Daily Mail reports.
BlackBerry shares closed up 15 percent on initial reports of strong UK sales and after an analyst upgraded the stock.
That came after a 12 percent fall in value immediately following the launch.
Heins has said that the real struggle for the revamped company, formerly known as Research in Motion, will come with the U.S. launch slated for mid-March, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products