UniverCell to launch tablet computer at Rs 4,000
Chennai: City-based mobile phone retail chain UniverCell plans to launch its own brand of tablet computer for students, a company official said here Friday.
Speaking to reporters here after launching Apple iPhone 5, founder and managing director of UniverCell, D. Sathish Babu said: "The tablet market is growing and likely to overtake smart phones. We want to be in that space. We will source components from China and assemble them to be marketed under our own brand."
He said the Rs.850 crore company is targeting a price point of Rs.4,000 for its tablets to be retailed through its UniverCell chain of stores.
Babu said that many students use tablets for their studies and plans are to tie up with a content provider to bundle educational content with the proposed tablet.
The company has around 450 outlets and plans to add 100 more by year-end.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20