Apple Inc to launch iPhones with bigger screen?
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Bigger or smaller, Apple has always set the trend. Taking the style further Apple Inc is reportedly contemplating bigger screen for its iPhones.
The technology giant is also considering cheaper models with vibrant colours, as per a news wire report.
Quoting anonymous sources, the wire said that Apple, constantly under threat from South Korean electronics manufacturer Samsung, is exploring these newer avenues.
Reports have it that Apple might launch two bigger iPhones next year - one with a 4.7-inch screen and one with a 5.7-inch screen.
Global mobile phone sales increased marginally by 0.7 percent to nearly 425.8 million units in the first quarter of 2013, helped by growth in Asia Pacific region. Mobile phone sales stood at 422.9 million units in the January-March 2012 quarter, research firm Gartner has recently said.
Samsung led the pack with 23.6 percent market share with 100.65 million units, followed by Nokia at 14.8 percent share (63.21 million units) and Apple at 9 percent (38.33 million units).
Worldwide smartphone sales totalled 210 million units in the first quarter of 2013, up 42.9 percent from the first quarter of 2012. Samsung's share in the smartphones category reached 30.8 percent with 64.74 million units, followed by Apple (18.2 percent)
With PTI Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products