Nokia says sorry for fake Lumia 920 video
New Delhi: Finnish phone maker Nokia has sought an apology on Thursday admitting that a demo video of the PureView camera technology in Lumia 920 was not actually shot with a pure view camera.
Problem started on Wednesday when a video clip screened during the launch of Lumia 920 smartphone showed a demonstration that led viewers to believe it had been filmed with its new smartphone but was in fact made with other equipment.
"In an effort to demonstrate the benefits of optical image stabilization (which eliminates blurry images and improves pictures shot in low light conditions), we produced a video that simulates what we will be able to deliver with OIS."
"We apologise for the confusion we created," Nokia wrote in a blog post entitled An Apology is Due.
Nokia launched Lumia 920 and Lumia 820 Windows Phone 8 smartphones in New York on Wednesday.
Reportedly, Nokia has released a new video which shows the OIS technology actually at work.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300