Smartphone apps to send SOS alert
Kochi: A smartphone application which enables a user to send SOS alerts with the information of location to family and friends in any emergency situation has been launched by MindHelix Technosol.
The smartphone application 'Sentinel' can call friends and family in case of danger on the press of a button. It works in multiple scenarios even without triggering an alert manually, a company release said.
The application can send out alerts even if the attacker forcefully destroys the phone. As the call, SMS and email are sent from and Internet server, the application triggers an alert even if the user is not connected to the Internet by sending SMS with location to the server, it said.
The alerts consist of the last known location, time and direction with tracking information to see live data from the phone and pinpoint the location of the phone, Christin Emmanuel George, CEO of MindHelix Technosol said.
Sentinel can improve personal security, but that is just one of the features. Senior citizen can alert their doctors or parents who want to ensure the security of their children can use it,? according to Christin.
MindHelix Technosol has created the Citizen Interaction/ Feedback tool for Delhi Police, the Know Your Police Station initiative.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products