Canara Bank to launch life insurance cover scheme
Bangalore: Canara Bank is launching "Canara Freedom Suraksha", a life insurance cover of Rs one lakh for all its savings bank customers as a value-added service at a very nominal premium, the bank said in a statement.
Bank Executive Director A K Gupta said the facility is being launched on Tuesday in association with its joint venture company "Canara HSBC Oriental Bank of Commerce Life Insurance Company".
The cover is extended without any medical test and merely on a declaration of good health by customers and covers both natural and accidental death, he said.
The annual premium rates (inclusive of service tax) are Rs 177, Rs 366 and Rs 988 for age groups of 18-35, 36-50 and 51-59, respectively, the statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300