Govt appoints S K Roy as LIC Chairman
New Delhi: The government Monday appointed S K Roy as the Chairman of Life Insurance Corporation of India.
The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) has already cleared his name. The notification in this regard has been issued, sources said.
Roy, who at present a Managing Director in the organisation, would be succeeding D K Mehrotra, whose term as LIC chief ended on May 31.
Roy would be at the helm of the insurance behemoth for a period of five years, official sources said, adding, he would assume charge on July 1.
The other candidates who were in fray for this top job were Managing Director Sushobhan Sarkar and Executive Director S B Mainak.
Roy joined Life Insurance Corporation of India in 1981. On May 31, 2013, he assumed charge as Managing Director of LIC along with Thomas Mathew and Sushobhan Sarkar.
Prior to his elevation, he was head of the International Operations division. He was also zonal manager of North Central Zone and Eastern Zone of the insurance firm.
LIC, which manages assets worth around Rs 14-lakh crore of over 20 crore policyholders, has the largest market share among 24 players in the industry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20