Govt to introduce health insurance for central staff, pensioners
New Delhi: Government said it was contemplating introduction of a health insurance scheme for central government employees and pensioners with special focus on non-CGHS areas.
Stating this in a written reply to a question in the Rajya Sabha, Health Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad said the serving central government employees in non-CGHS areas are provided healthcare facilities under the CS (MA) Rules, 1994, but pensioners are not covered under these rules.
The Minister said the pensioners are, however, entitled to a fixed medical allowance of Rs 300 per month.
He said pensioners residing in non-CGHS areas have the option to become a CGHS member in any CGHS-covered city of their choice to avail the medical facilities under the Scheme.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300