L&T, Future Group to merge general insurance biz
Mumbai: Larsen & Toubro (L&T), Generali Group and Kishore Biyani promoted Future Group on Tuesday entered into a non-binding agreement to merge L&T General Insurance with Future Generali India Insurance.
Post-merger, L&T will hold 51 percent in the merged entity with Generali will hold 26 percent stake and the rest 23 percent will continue to be held by the Future Group.
"The completion of the transaction is subject to satisfactory due diligence by both the parties, execution of mutually agreed definitive binding documents and requisite approvals from Irda and other regulators and related corporate bodies," , L&T said in a statement.
Though the deal size was not given by the company, sources said the 51 percent stake is valued at around Rs 560 crore.
As per the latest data available with Irda, while L&T General Insurance had a gross written premium of Rs 130 crore during the April-January period of current financial year, Future Generali had a premium collection of Rs 926.42 crore.
Earlier this month, Pantaloon Retail, the holding company of the Future Group had sold 22.5 percent stake in Future Generali Life Insurance to investment company IITL for an estimated value of over Rs 300 crore. The deal valued the JV at over Rs 1,330 crore.
The move is aimed at helping the Future Group to pare some of its debt along with the plans to exit its non-core businesses.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products