S K Roy takes charge as LIC MD
New Delhi: S K Roy Friday assumed charge of Managing Director of Life Insurance Corporation of India.
Roy, whose name is in the reckoning for the post of LIC Chairman, joined the largest insurance company in the country in 1981.
The term of current Chairman D K Mehrotra ended today.
Besides, Roy other managing directors are Thomas Mathew and S Sarker.
Prior to elevation, he was head of the International Operations.
He was also zonal manager of North Central Zone and Eastern Zone of the insurance firm.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300