PM leaves for Brazil to attend Rio+20 summit
Los Cabos: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Wednesday left for Rio De Janeiro to attend the Rio+20 summit, the three-day meeting to be attended by 193 nations.
Singh was here in this Mexican resort to participate in the seventh summit of the Group of developed and developing countries(G-20). He is due to return home on Saturday.
Meanwhile R Gopalan, Secretary in the Department of Economic Affairs, said that the USD 10 billion dollar contribution announced by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh at the G20 Summit yesterday is still considered part of the country's reserves and that the situation has not reached where a transfer of funds have been effected.
"It (contribution) is considered part of our reserves. The country may not be called upon to give the money if the world situation gets better," he said.
With Agency Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products