PM leaves for Brazil to attend Rio+20 summit
Los Cabos: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Wednesday left for Rio De Janeiro to attend the Rio+20 summit, the three-day meeting to be attended by 193 nations.
Singh was here in this Mexican resort to participate in the seventh summit of the Group of developed and developing countries(G-20). He is due to return home on Saturday.
Meanwhile R Gopalan, Secretary in the Department of Economic Affairs, said that the USD 10 billion dollar contribution announced by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh at the G20 Summit yesterday is still considered part of the country's reserves and that the situation has not reached where a transfer of funds have been effected.
"It (contribution) is considered part of our reserves. The country may not be called upon to give the money if the world situation gets better," he said.
With Agency Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300