iPhone app tells you when to water your plants
London: Now your garden plants need not die of neglect, thanks to an iPhone application that tells you when they need watering.
The Koubachi Wi-fi plant sensor and application costs a steep 99 pounds. It requires a sensor which sits with the plant, monitoring it and checking its vital signs against a built-in botanic encyclopedia.
The app knows everything about nearly all your typical garden or house plant, from growing seasons to optimum temperature.
The health metrics are sent over as messages to your iPhone, and your phone will beep whenever your plant hits the danger zone, according to the Daily Mail.
The device was built by alumni of technical universities in Switzerland and Germany, and can monitor several plants at once.
It spends a few days calibrating itself, and after that it can be left alone, powered by two AA batteries which will last about 18 months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300