2G case: SC to hear Sunil Mittal, Ravi Ruia's pleas today
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The Supreme Court will on Thursday resume hearing on the pleas of Bharti Cellular Ltd CMD Sunil Bharti Mittal and Essar Group promoter Ravi Ruia challenging the summons issued to them as accused in a graft case related to allocation of additional 2G spectrum in 2002.
A bench headed by Chief Justice Altamas Kabir had earlier said it was extending its order of postponing the hearing against them in the Special CBI court which will take up the matter on April 22.
Sunil Mittal and Essar Group promoter Ravi Ruia on Tuesday appeared in a Delhi court in connection with the additional 2G spectrum allocation case and furnished personal bonds in pursuance of the Supreme Court's direction.
Both the accused placed on record the apex court's order and submitted separate personal bonds.
Special CBI Judge O P Saini accepted their bonds till the next date of hearing and posted the matter for further proceedings on April 22.
With Agency Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300