Adani in pact to provide 4 MT coal to NTPC
New Delhi: Adani Group flagship, Adani Enterprises, on Monday signed five agreements for supplying 4 million tonnes (MT) of imported coal to power generator NTPC.
"Adani Enterprises will supply 4 MT of coal imported from global sources between March-June 2012 to NTPC's fourteen power stations," the statement said.
The imported coal is required to meet the coal blending requirements of the NTPC power stations, it said.
The company will supply one million tonne of imported coal to NTPC's Talcher power stations, one million tonne for Farakka and Kahalgaon, 0.5 MT for Simhadri and Ramagundam, 0.8 MT for Dadri, Rihand, Singrauli, Tanda, Unchchar and Vindhyachal and 0.7 MT for Korba and Sipat stations.
The company is expected to mine 200 MT of coal per year in 2020.
The company is also operating coal mines in India, Indonesia and Australia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20