AI Express moving to new airport in Qatar
Dubai: Air India Express is going to be among the first 10 airlines, which will be part of the soft opening of Qatar's new airport beginning April 1.
The soft opening of Hamad International Airport (HIA) will include other passenger airlines such as Air Arabia, Biman Bangladesh Airlines, Flydubai, Iran Air, Nepal Airlines, Pakistan International Airlines, RAK Airways, Syrian Air and Yemen Airways.
Qatar's national airline, Qatar Airways, will move its entire operations from the current Doha International Airport (DIA) to Hamad International Airport (HIA) by the end of the year.
The 10 airlines listed will no longer have a presence at Doha International Airport (DIA) and will operate exclusively from HIA from April 1, 2013, a statement said.
There will be around 32 passenger flights departing daily from HIA equating to approximately 222 flights per week. Concourse B at HIA will be fully operational on 1st April 2013 for passengers travelling with these 10 airlines.
Along with the concourse B opening, the eastern runway, which is the longest of the two runways at HIA will also be in operation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300