Airtel appoints Charity Chanda Lumpa as MD for Zambia biz
New Delhi/Nairobi: Telecom major Bharti Airtel on Thursday appointed Charity Chanda Lumpa as Managing Director (MD) of Airtel's operation in Zambia with effect from May 1, 2013.
"She has an exceptional track record of accomplishments at top management level in private, public and international organisations and I am confident that with her rich experience she will grow the organisation from strength to strength," Chairman of Airtel's operation in Zambia George Sokota said in a statement.
Prior to her current appointment, Lumpa was the Managing Director of Ecobank in Zambia. Before joining the banking industry, she was the Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of the Zambia National Tourist Board (ZNTB).
Lumpa, a Zambian national, holds an MBA in Finance. She is back in her home country after a six-month stint in Lome, Togo, where she was the Head of Ecobank Group Credit Administration.
"Our recent appointment of a Nigerian CEO and MD for Nigeria and the appointment of a first lady Zambian MD for our Zambia business are key milestones alongside our people agenda for Africa," Airtel Africa's Chief Human Resources Office, David Ssegawa said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20