Airtel launches 3G services in Burkina Faso
New Delhi: Bharti Airtel Monday announced the launch of third generation (3G) services in Africa's Burkina Faso.
"3G technology will give our customers the opportunity to interact with cellular technology in a different way," Airtel Africa Francophone Region CEO Tiemoko Coulibaly said in a statement.
He added the company's goal is to build the largest 3G network on the continent.
The launch follows the award of a 3G licence to Airtel by the Burkina Faso Government.
"Reaching speeds of up to 21 mbps, Airtel?s 3.75G network is one of the fastest available globally and it will be immensely beneficial to multinationals, SMEs and the youth," the statement said.
European equipment maker Ericsson is providing the infrastructure and high level solutions to Airtel for the 3G services.
"We are grateful towards the political and administrative authorities of Burkina Faso for the granting of the license through the regulatory authority for electronic communications and post," Airtel Burkina Faso MD Herv-Njapoum Olivier said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300