Alstom T&D India bags contracts worth Rs 225 crore from PowerGrid
New Delhi: Alstom T&D India, an arm of French firm Alstom on Thursday said it has bagged two contracts worth Rs 225 crore from state-run PowerGrid Corp for setting transmission network for three power projects.
"Alstom T&D India has been awarded two contracts from PowerGrid Corp worth Rs 225 crore," the company said in a statement.
"The contract worth Rs 75 crore is for supply, testing, erection and commissioning of transformers for PowerGrid's substation at Ranchi in Jharkhand," it said.
The statement added that another contract worth Rs 150 crore is for supply, erection, testing and commissioning of transformers for Dharamjaygarh and Aurangabad substations in Chhattisgarh and Maharashtra, respectively.
Transformers will be delivered from the company's manufacturing facility at Vadodra in Gujarat.
"These new contract are an opportunity for us to associate with PowerGrid in strengthening the backbone of the country," said Alstom T&D India Managing Director Rathin Basu.
Alstom T&D is the Indian transmission and distribution arm of Alstom Group.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300