Amazon’s Kindle tops list of Yahoo’s most searched gadgets in UK
London: People in the UK searched for Amazon's Kindle more than other gadget in 2012, a survey carried out by the Internet firm Yahoo has said.
The Yahoo UK Year in Review for 2012 said that Amazon's Kindle e-reader ranked third in overall searches, beating competition from Apple's iPad and iPhone.
The release of the Kindle Fire HD and Paperwhite sparked a renewed interest in the products this year, although new versions of the iPad and iPhone were also launched in 2012, the Telegraph reports.
According to the paper, the study also revealed that the most searched for topic overall in 2012 was the Olympics, followed by Liverpool FC, the club embroiled in the Luis Suarez racism row.
Yahoo accounts for just over three percent of searches in the UK, behind Microsoft's Bing, on less than five percent, the paper said.
The market leader is Google, which is used for over 90 percent of British searches, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300