Audi starts production of Q3 model in India
New Delhi: German luxury car maker Audi Thursday said it has started producing its compact sports utility vehicle Q3 in India, at the Aurangabad plant.
The company said Q3 is the fifth car model after A4, A6, Q5 and Q7 to be produced in India by the Ingolstadt carmaker, Audi said in a statement.
"Local production of the Audi Q3 is part of our long-term growth strategy in India, one of the most promising auto markets in the world," Audi Board Member for Production Frank Dreves said.
Various factors like infrastructure in the plant, efficient working processes, qualified workforce along with the growth potential of the Indian market, were the factors that motivated the company to expand the product portfolio at the Aurangabad plant, he added.
"Local production of the Audi Q3 means that Audi India is now building all our Q range models locally. This will reduce waiting times for our customers and will enable us to offer a wider range of versions in the market," Audi India Head Joe King said.
The annual capacity at the company's Aurangabad plant for all Audi models is more than 13,000 units in a one-shift operation, Audi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300