Bharti Infratel Q4 net up over 34% at Rs 287 cr
New Delhi: Bharti Infratel, the tower arm of telecom major Bharti Airtel, Tuesday reported 34.11 percent jump in net profit at Rs 287 crore for the fourth quarter ended March 31, 2013.
The company's net profit stood at Rs 214 crore in the year-ago period.
Total income of the company during the January-March 2013 period rose to Rs 2,674 crore as against Rs 2,403 crore in the corresponding period of 2012, an increase of 11.27 percent.
Commenting on the numbers, company's Vice-Chairman & MD Akhil Gupta said: "We are pleased that out results demonstrate and reaffirms our robust business model.
"As a result, despite a relatively low capex deployment by telecom operators last year due to uncertainties in the telecom sector, our result reflects the significant incremental gain from increased sharing of our infrastructure."
In December, 2012, the company raised more than Rs 4,118 crore in the biggest IPO (initial public offer) in over two years.
Bharti Infratel's total tower base stands at 82,083.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300