Biocon, Manipal ink pact to develop talent in Malaysia
New Delhi: Drug firm Biocon Friday said its Malaysia-based subsidiary has inked a pact with Manipal Education Malaysia to collaborate for development of human capital for the biotechnology industry.
Manipal Education Malaysia (MEM) and Biocon Sdn Bhd, Malaysia, a wholly owned subsidiary of Biocon Ltd, have entered into a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for developing human capital for biotechnology sector in Malaysia, Biocon said in a statement.
"...As we expand our footprint into Malaysia, we want to ensure that we play our part in the development of the Malaysian Human Resource for the biopharmaceutical industry," Biocon Chairman & Managing Director Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw said.
The agreement was signed by Manipal Education Malaysia Managing Director and CEO Datuk Iskandar Mizal Mahmood and Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw during a ceremony held at Malaysia Friday, the statement added.
Biocon is developing its manufacturing and R&D facility in Iskandar Malaysia, Johor with an investment of over RM500 million (nearly Rs 900 crore) that will be operational in 2014.
Together with its team of over 6,000 employees, Biocon said it delivers solutions to partners and customers in over 75 countries across the globe.
Shares of Biocon Friday closed unchanged at Rs 267 on BSE.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products