Biocon Q2 net up 5% at Rs 90 crore
New Delhi: Biotechnology major Biocon on Wednesday posted 4.6 percent jump in its consolidated net profit to Rs 89.65 crore for the second quarter ended September 30, 2012.
The company had posted a net profit of Rs 85.70 crore in the same period of previous fiscal, Biocon said in a filing to the BSE.
The net sales of the company rose to Rs 592.40 crore for the second quarter from Rs 505.39 crore in the same period of 2011-12 fiscal.
The Bangalore-headquartered firm said GE Equity International Mauritius, a subsidiary of GE Capital, will make a private equity investment in Syngene International to the tune of Rs 125 crore, for a 7.69 percent equity share.
Syngene International is the research services arm of Biocon.
Shares of Biocon were trading at Rs 267.50 on the BSE in the morning, up 3.30 percent from its previous close.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20