Biocon Q2 net up 5% at Rs 90 crore
New Delhi: Biotechnology major Biocon on Wednesday posted 4.6 percent jump in its consolidated net profit to Rs 89.65 crore for the second quarter ended September 30, 2012.
The company had posted a net profit of Rs 85.70 crore in the same period of previous fiscal, Biocon said in a filing to the BSE.
The net sales of the company rose to Rs 592.40 crore for the second quarter from Rs 505.39 crore in the same period of 2011-12 fiscal.
The Bangalore-headquartered firm said GE Equity International Mauritius, a subsidiary of GE Capital, will make a private equity investment in Syngene International to the tune of Rs 125 crore, for a 7.69 percent equity share.
Syngene International is the research services arm of Biocon.
Shares of Biocon were trading at Rs 267.50 on the BSE in the morning, up 3.30 percent from its previous close.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300