BNP Paribas upgrades Infosys to 'buy' ahead of earnings
New Delhi: BNP Paribas upgrades Infosys to "buy" from "hold" and raises its target price to 3,550 rupees from 2,450 rupees ahead of the company's September-quarter earnings on Friday.
"Despite Infosys's recent struggles, we believe an uptick in demand, renewed focus on traditional service lines and cost initiatives will lead to revenue growth stabilising and currently depressed quarterly margins recovering. This in turn should lead the stock to re-rate," BNP said in a note.
BNP adds there is improvement in the core markets of Infosys and it may raise its FY14 dollar revenue growth guidance in the second-quarter results.
Infosys shares rose just 0.3 percent in the previous week, underperforming the BSE benchmark for IT sector which rose 2.4 percent in the same period.
Infosys shares are up 0.13 percent at 10:49 a.m.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300