BSNL alleges sabotage attempt during GIS meet
Indore: The city unit of BSNL on Wednesday filed an FIR saying that in an alleged sabotage attempt, its leased line cables laid near the main venue of the just-concluded Global Investors' Summit, were put on fire on the first day of the meet.
The public sector telecom company had provided technical support for the three-day event, which had started on October 28.
An FIR has been filed by the BSNL at Lasudia police station here, BSNL Senior General Manager G C Pandey told reporters adding that the incident took place on the intervening night of October 28/29.
"It was a deliberate conspiracy or sabotage to spoil GIS, which we averted with our expertise and technical support. Since the company had made alternative arrangements, the GIS could be held without any disturbances,"
Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan has also been apprised about the incident and has been urged to order a probe, Pandey said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300