BSNL may report reduction in losses at Rs 8,198 cr
New Delhi: State-owned telecom operator BSNL is expected to announce lower losses, at Rs 8,198 crore, for 2012-13 fiscal.
In 2011-12, it had reported losses of Rs 8,851 crore.
"As per unaudited figures, BSNL loss stands at Rs 8,198 crore. It will be audited and then the final numbers will be released," said an official.
The figure does not include around Rs 2,700 crore which the company has to get from the government for supporting rural landline operations.
The company registered losses of Rs 8,850.70 crore during 2011-12 due to regulatory expenses and non-receipt of funds for its rural landlines operations. It stated the impact to be about Rs 3,100 crore.
BSNL has been logging losses since 2009-10. The company's profits had started declining after 2004-05, when it had made net gains of Rs 10,183 crore.
During 2010?11, BSNL losses had risen to Rs 6,384 crore mainly due to hefty outgo on salaries and expenses borne by the PSU for procuring 3G and BWA spectrum.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20