'Building complementary networks is key strategy of Etihad'
Dubai: Abu Dhabi-based Etihad Airways, which is launching a new service to Ahmedabad this month, said building complementary networks is a key part of its hub strategy.
The airline said it will also launch its third US route on March 31, 2013, with daily non-stop flights between Washington, DC and its home base of Abu Dhabi. The route will be operated by a three-class Airbus A340-500 aircraft.
"The point-to-point market will be supplemented by strong traffic flows over Abu Dhabi onwards to destinations across Asia, particularly the Indian Subcontinent.
"With the addition of services to Ahmedabad this month, we now serve nine destinations across India," President and Chief Executive Officer, James Hogan said.
According to him, building complementary networks to support business and passenger flows across the globe is a key part of Etihad Airways' hub strategy ? the growing number of connections between the US and India is a perfect example of this.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300