Burkina Faso fines Indian telecos over service faults
The fines apply to Maroc Telecom unit Telmob (1.09 billion CFA), Bharti's Airtel (894 million CFA) and local operator Telecel (724 million CFA).
Announcing the fines on Friday, regulatory body ARCEP said there would be no right of appeal. It said the companies would be subject to checks to make sure they had improved service provision.
The West African country has around 8 million mobile subscribers in a population of 17 million.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300