CBI registers case against Syndicate Bank CMD
New Delhi: The CBI has registered a bribery case against S.K. Jain, chairman and managing director of state-owned Syndicate Bank, an official said Saturday.
The allegation pertains to Jain asking for a bribe to extend credit facilities to certain companies, a Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) official said.
The official added that simultaneous raids at 20 places across Delhi, Bangalore, Bhopal and Mumbai have been conducted.
"The bribe amount of Rs. 50 lakh has also been recovered. So far, the searches have led to recoveries of several asset papers and incriminating documents," the official said.
Further investigation is on, the official added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300