China does it best: Entire Apple store faked!
Beijing: China, a country known for its rampant piracy, has now reached a new milestone — fake Apple stores.
An American blogger who lives in Kunming in southern Yunnan province
said Thursday that she stumbled on three shops masquerading as bona
fide Apple stores a few days ago.
She says the employees told her they worked for Apple. She posted
photos online showing the employees wearing blue Apple T-shirts.
Apple has four company stores in China as well as various authorized resellers, who are not allowed to be Apple replicas.
The manager of one authorized seller in Kunming, who gave only his
surname Zhang, says some staff in the fake stores "can't even operate
Apple's Asia office based in Beijing would not comment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300