Cyrus Mistry, Mallika Srinivasan appointed on Tata Steel Board
Mumbai: Cyrus Mistry, who is set to succeed Ratan Tata as chairman of Tata Sons in December, has been appointed as an additional director on the Board of Tata Steel, the company said Monday.
The company has also appointed Mallika Srinivasan, Chairperson of Tractors and Farm Equipment Ltd (TAFE), on its Board as an additional director, it said in a filing to the BSE.
"...The Board of Directors of the company has appointed Cyrus Pallonji Mistry, Deputy Chairman of Tata Sons and Mallika Srinivasan, Chairperson of Tractors and Farm Equipment Ltd, as additional directors on the Board of the company with effect from May 21, 2012," the company filing said.
Mistry is the Deputy Chairman of Tata Sons -- the holding company of Tata group of companies. He joined the Board of Shapoorji Pallonji and Company as Director in 1991 and was later appointed the Managing Director of Shapoorji Pallonji Group in 1994.
He is also a Director with Tata Industries, Tata Consultancy Services, Tata Power and Tata Teleservices.
Mallika Srinivasan, considered as one of the most successful women CEOs in the country, has steered TAFE to the USD 1 billon league in 2010.
The company, under her leadership, is now among the three largest tractor manufacturers in the world with USD 1.6 billion revenues in the last fiscal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products