Cyrus Mistry resigns from Forbes & Company
"Cyrus P Mistry has resigned as a Director on the Board of Directors of the company with effect from December 9, 2011," Forbes & Company said in a filing to the BSE.
Last month, the holding company of the over USD 80 billion conglomerate Tata group had announced that Mistry, the 43-year-old Managing Director of Shapoorji Pallonji Group, would succeed Ratan Tata after his retirement in December 2012.
After this announcement, Mistry had said that he would disassociate himself from all family-related businesses.
"I take this responsibility very seriously and in keeping with the values and ethics of the Tata Group, I will undertake to legally disassociate myself from the management of my family business to avoid any issue of conflict of interest," he had said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300