Cyrus Mistry to become Tata Motors Chairman from Dec 28
New Delhi: Tata Motors Thursday said it has appointed Cyrus P Mistry as its Chairman with effect from December 28 after retirement of group chief Ratan N Tata.
"The Board of Directors of Tata Motors today announced the appointment of Cyrus P Mistry as the Chairman of the Board with effect from December 28, 2012, on the retirement of Ratan N Tata," the company said in a statement.
The board also conferred on Tata the honorary title of Chairman Emeritus, it added.
Earlier, Mistry was inducted into the company's board as the Deputy Chairman.
Mistry has been a director of Tata Sons since 2006 and was appointed Deputy Chairman last November.
Last month, Tata had stepped down as Chairman of Tata Global Beverages, making way for successor Mistry, who was inducted into the board of Indian Hotels Company.
Mistry was also appointed as the Deputy Chairman of Tata Steel and Tata Chemicals. Tata Consultancy Services had also inducted him as Deputy Chairman.
Shares of Tata Motors Thursday closed trading 3.96 percent up at Rs 287.40 apiece on the BSE.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20