DMRC completes preliminary work on pathways in metro project
Kochi: Delhi Metro Rail Corporation, which is undertaking construction of Kochi Metro Rail project, has completed preliminary work on pathways on both sides of North railway overbridge and would be thrown to traffic on December 5, a top official said.
A two hour trial run was carried out at the pathway today and the road would be opened to traffic after some minor work, DMRC Senior Public Relations Officer P Narayanan said.
He said DMRC would soon start work on the main bridge with an aim of completing it in 10 months.
The side pathways will be 3.3 metres wide and once the main bridge is completed, the four-lane road would have a width of of 7.5 meters, he said.
A fact finding team from Japan International Cooperation Agency which last week visited the project area and conducted an evaluation of the project, had suggested KMRC ensure the technical support of DMRC in implementing the project.
JAICA is expected to fund a portion of the Rs 5,225 crore project.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300