DoT to seek Sibal’s nod to slap Rs 600 cr fine on RCom
New Delhi: The Department of Telecom (DoT) is planning to ask recommendation from Communication Minister Kapil Sibal before slapping a hefty fine of Rs 600-crore on Reliance Communications and its unit for alleged breach of the shared mobile infrastructure regulations.
According to a newspaper report, Reliance Telecom had switched off mobile coverage in 12 states between November 16, 2010 and January 20, 2011.
The Access Services (AS) wing of the DoT has recommended for a fine of Rs 450 crore on Reliance Communications while it’s another wing Reliance Telecom Ltd will be fined Rs 150 crore for the alleged violation.
DoT has charged these companies with disrupting services by switching off over 1,400 telecom towers or base stations across 12 regions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300