Dr Reddys launch generic cancer drug in US market
New Delhi: Drug firm Dr Reddy's Laboratories on Friday said it has launched its generic Decitabine injection used in treatment of cancer in the American market after receiving approval from the US health regulator.
The company has launched the Decitabine for injection in the strength of 50 mg in the US market following approval by the United States Food & Drug Administration (USFDA) of Dr Reddy's abbreviated new drug applications (ANDA), it said in a statement.
The company's product is generic version of Dacogen, manufactured and sold by Eisai Inc under license from Astex Pharmaceuticals Inc, it added.
"The Dacogen brand has US sales of approximately USD 260 million MAT (moving annual total) for the most recent twelve months ending in July 2013 according to IMS Health," Dr Reddy's said.
The company's Decitabine for injection 50 mg is available as a single dose vial, it added.
Dacogen is used in treatment of myelodysplastic syndromes and for acute myeloid leukemia.
Shares of Dr Reddy's Laboratories were today trading at Rs 2,327.10 per scrip in the afternoon trade on BSE, up 1.57 percent from its previous close.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300