Dr Reddys launch generic cancer drug in US market
New Delhi: Drug firm Dr Reddy's Laboratories on Friday said it has launched its generic Decitabine injection used in treatment of cancer in the American market after receiving approval from the US health regulator.
The company has launched the Decitabine for injection in the strength of 50 mg in the US market following approval by the United States Food & Drug Administration (USFDA) of Dr Reddy's abbreviated new drug applications (ANDA), it said in a statement.
The company's product is generic version of Dacogen, manufactured and sold by Eisai Inc under license from Astex Pharmaceuticals Inc, it added.
"The Dacogen brand has US sales of approximately USD 260 million MAT (moving annual total) for the most recent twelve months ending in July 2013 according to IMS Health," Dr Reddy's said.
The company's Decitabine for injection 50 mg is available as a single dose vial, it added.
Dacogen is used in treatment of myelodysplastic syndromes and for acute myeloid leukemia.
Shares of Dr Reddy's Laboratories were today trading at Rs 2,327.10 per scrip in the afternoon trade on BSE, up 1.57 percent from its previous close.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20