E&Y honours Ratan Tata with life-time achievement award
Mumbai: Leading accounting and consultancy firm E&Y India has awarded the Tata Group patriarch Ratan Tata, the Chairman Emeritus of the USD 100-billion conglomerate, with the Entrepreneur of the Year Lifetime Achievement Award.
Tata received the award from Corporate Affairs Minister Sachin Pilot at a function here late last night, E&Y said in a statement today. Tata had won the E&Y Entrepreneur of the Year Award in 2003 as well.
Adi Godrej of the Godrej Group has won the Entrepreneur of the Year for 2012, who will represent India at the E&Y World Entrepreneur of the year award in Monte Carlo, Monaco in June, the statement said.
The other awardees are Dr Naresh Trehan of Medanta-The Medicity for start-ups, Dhiraj C Rajaram of MuSigma Business Solutions for services, Francisco D'Souza of Cognizant for manager category and Devi Prasad Shetty of the Narayana Hrudalaya in the for life sciences and healthcare segment.
TT Jagannathan of TTK Group in the consumer products category, Onkar S Kanwar of Apollo Tyres for manufacturing, and Cyrus S Poonawalla of Serum Institute of India for business transformation were the other awardees.
The Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award, which is into the 14th edition, is recognised as one of the world's prestigious business awards for entrepreneurs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20